Takibi is an innovative restaurant and bar created by Snow Peak. Takibi means bonfire in Japanese and the entire experience centers around the concept of time by the fire. From the ceramic tile on the walls to the open soapstone hearth where the food is prepared, bonfire is the central inspiration of the restaurant.
The restaurant offers hyper-seasonal, Japanese-inspired cuisine – with all ingredients sourced from the Pacific Northwest region. We’re building an incredible team and are looking for innovative and experienced members to join with us.
The Server is a brand ambassador, proactively engaging and connecting with our customers. This position is responsible for taking orders and serving food and beverages to guests, checking on customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and taking action to correct any problems.
This position is a full time non-exempt hourly position with benefit eligibility, and reports to the Takibi General Manager. Takibi will be open 7 days a week and while the schedule will vary, we expect a 5 day a week commitment. Compensation is a base wage of $14 hourly plus an equal share of gratuity split between the front and back of house.
THIS POSITION MIGHT BE RIGHT IF YOU
- Demonstrate hospitality in every interaction and cultivate positive experiences that matter
- Share a passion for the outdoors and the beneficial role it plays in people’s lives
- Express curiosity and creativity by taking initiative and be resourceful
- Understand your effect on business targets
- Make a memorable impact by being approachable, respectful, responsible, and joyful
- Value all people for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide a warm and welcoming environment for guests and team members
- Guide guests through the menu with information about food and beverages
- Follow steps of service as specified by Takibi
- Deliver food and drinks to guests
- Deliver checks and collect payments
- Set, maintain and bus tables
- Answer phone calls, check-in and seat guests, and engage with the reservation system
- Execute opening and closing procedures according to company best practices
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the front of house
- Cooperate and communicate with all serving and kitchen staff
- Execute operational processes effectively and efficiently, including assisting team members as needed
- Apply knowledge of hospitality metrics to make decisions that drive achievement of established targets
- Support community events and social media campaigns
- Ensure that health, safety, and security rules are followed
- High School Degree
- OLCC servers permit & food handlers certification
- 3 years working in a restaurant environment
- Experience and knowledge of spirits, wine and beer
- Ability to learn new computer programs and software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly; creatively solve new problems
- Ability to act with integrity and professionalism
- Proficient interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent understanding of federal, state, and local food sanitation regulations
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to efficiently manage multiple, concurrent, and time-sensitive priorities
- Excellent customer service
NICE TO HAVE
- Higher Education degree
- Experience with Japanese cuisine, culture, and/or language
- Lift and move up to 50 pounds
- Stand and walk for an entire shift, including moving safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven and slick surfaces
- Ability to bear exposure to hot and cold environments
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org in pdf format and let us know how you would be a unique fit for our team.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or age.