Takibi is an innovative forthcoming restaurant and bar created by Snow Peak in partnership with Submarine Hospitality. Takibi means bonfire in Japanese and the entire experience centers around the concept of time by the fire. From the ceramic tile on the walls to the open soapstone hearth where the food is prepared, bonfire is the central inspiration of the restaurant.
Snow Peak partnered with the award-winning restaurant experts at Submarine Hospitality to open Takibi. Led by Joshua McFadden, Submarine Hospitality operates three renowned restaurants in Portland, Oregon: Ava Genes, Tusk and Cicoria. Additionally, the Takibi Bar program will be led by world-famous bar director Jim Meehan.
When the restaurant opens in May 2021, it will offer hyper-seasonal, Japanese-inspired cuisine – with all ingredients sourced from the Pacific Northwest region. We’re building an incredible team from the ground up and are looking for innovative and experienced members to launch with us.
The Line Cook prepares food using recipes and menu items created by the Executive Chef and helps keep the kitchen running smoothly. This position cooks meats, fish, vegetables, soups and food products as well as prepares and portions food products prior to cooking including plating and garnishing of cooked items with garnishes.
This position is a full time non-exempt hourly position with benefit eligibility, and reports to the Takibi Executive Chef. Takibi will be open 7 days a week and while the schedule will vary, we expect a 5 day a week commitment. Compensation is a base wage of $14-16 hourly plus an equal share of gratuity split between the front and back of house.
THIS POSITION MIGHT BE RIGHT IF YOU
- Demonstrate hospitality in every interaction and cultivate positive experiences that matter
- Share a passion for the outdoors and the beneficial role it plays in people’s lives
- Express curiosity and creativity by taking initiative and be resourceful
- Understand your effect on business targets
- Make a memorable impact by being approachable, respectful, responsible, and joyful
- Value all people for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Comply consistently with Takibi standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures
- Wash, peel, and cut seeds, fruits, and vegetables
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes using various kitchen utensils and equipment
- Bake, roast, broil, steam, and season meats, fish, vegetables and other foods according to recipes
- Responsible for the quality of products served; observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling or piercing with utensils
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, fryers, etc
- Take allergies with the utmost seriousness
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food according to standard portions sizes and recipes; follow proper plate presentation and garnish set
- Ensure freshness of food ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line stations to support a smooth service period
- Handle, store, and rotate all food products and supplies according to restaurant policies and procedures
- Execute opening and closing procedures according to company best practices
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the back of house
- Cooperate and communicate with all serving and kitchen staff
- Execute operational processes effectively and efficiently, including assisting team members as needed
- Apply knowledge of hospitality metrics to make decisions that drive achievement of established targets
- Support community events and social media campaigns
- Ensure that health, safety, and security rules are followed
- High School Degree
- Food handlers certification
- 3 years working in a restaurant environment
- Ability to learn new computer programs and software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly; creatively solve new problems
- Ability to act with integrity and professionalism
- Proficient interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent understanding of federal, state, and local food sanitation regulations
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to efficiently manage multiple, concurrent, time-sensitive projects and priorities
- Excellent customer service
NICE TO HAVE
- Higher Education degree
- Experience with Japanese cuisine, culture, and/or language
- Lift and move up to 50 pounds
- Safely and effectively use all necessary tools and equipment
- Stand and walk for an entire shift, including moving safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven and slick surfaces
- Ability to bear exposure to hot and cold environments
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com in pdf format and let us know how you would be a unique fit for our team.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or age.