Takibi is an innovative restaurant and bar created by Snow Peak. Takibi means bonfire in Japanese and the entire experience centers around the concept of time by the fire. From the ceramic tile on the walls to the open soapstone hearth where the food is prepared, bonfire is the central inspiration of the restaurant.
The restaurant offers hyper-seasonal, Japanese-inspired cuisine – with all ingredients sourced from the Pacific Northwest region. We’re building an incredible team and are looking for innovative and experienced members to join with us.
The Porter washes and cleans tableware, pots, pans, and cooking equipment. This position will maintain a clean and organized work area, setting up workstations and ingredients so that food can be prepared according to recipes.
This position is a full time non-exempt hourly position with benefit eligibility, and reports to the Takibi Executive Chef. Takibi will be open 7 days a week and while the schedule will vary, we expect a 5 day a week commitment. Compensation is a base wage of $14 hourly plus an equal share of gratuity split between the front and back of house.
THIS POSITION MIGHT BE RIGHT IF YOU
- Demonstrate hospitality in every interaction and cultivate positive experiences that matter
- Share a passion for the outdoors and the beneficial role it plays in people’s lives
- Express curiosity and creativity by taking initiative and be resourceful
- Understand your effect on business targets
- Make a memorable impact by being approachable, respectful, responsible, and joyful
- Value all people for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots and pans using the dishwasher or by hand
- Keep dishwasher clean and immediately report any functional or mechanical problems to management; monitor dishwasher water temperature and cleaning solution levels
- Return clean dishes, utensils and cooking equipment to storage areas
- Empty trash, sort and place trash in designated areas, maintain cleanliness of trash bins
- Maintain clean / dry floors throughout the shift, sweep or scrub floors
- Clean food preparation and production areas as required
- Assist in the timely storage of food deliveries
- Handle tableware carefully to prevent breakage and loss
- Execute opening and closing procedures according to company best practices
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the front of house
- Cooperate and communicate with all serving and kitchen staff
- Execute operational processes effectively and efficiently, including assisting team members as needed
- Apply knowledge of hospitality metrics to make decisions that drive achievement of established targets
- Support community events and social media campaigns
- Ensure that health, safety, and security rules are followed
- High School Degree
- Food handlers certification
- Hospitality-related kitchen experience preferred
- Ability to learn new computer programs and software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly; creatively solve new problems
- Ability to act with integrity and professionalism
- Proficient interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent understanding of federal, state, and local food sanitation regulations
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to efficiently manage multiple, concurrent, and time-sensitive priorities
- Excellent customer service
NICE TO HAVE
- Higher Education degree
- Experience with Japanese cuisine, culture, and/or language
- Lift and move up to 50 pounds
- Safely and effectively use all necessary tools and equipment
- Stand and walk for an entire shift, including moving safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven and slick surfaces
- Ability to bear exposure to hot and cold environments
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org in pdf format and let us know how you would be a unique fit for our team.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or age.