Last Updated: November 10, 2023
- visit snowpeak.com (our “Website”)
- make a purchase on our Website
- sign-up to become a member of our loyalty program
- email us
- text us
- and/or interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising includes links to this Policy.
This Policy does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline, including on any other website operated by Snow Peak or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries)
- or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or through our Website.
Your Consent to This Policy
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. Children under the age of 16 are not permitted to provide any information to us, whether through our Website or through any other means of electronic communication. If you are under the age of 16, do not use, register, or make a purchase through our Website. Do not provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please email us at email@example.com or call our Customer Service at (888) 424-4916.
Information We Collect From You & How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about you, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, credit card information, (your “Personal Information”)
- and/or about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
This information is collected directly from you when you:
- visit our Website
- register to use our Website
- place an order
- contact us
- post comments, questions, reviews, or upload content such as pictures, videos, and blog entries (collectively, “User Contributions”)
- sign up for our email newsletter
- sign-up to become a member of our loyalty program
- report a problem with our Website
- and/or enter a contest or sweepstakes.
We also may collect information indirectly from you, such as, for example, when you are the recipient of a gift purchased by another on our Website.
Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Automatic & Third Party Data Collection
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, purchase history, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, browser type and version, browser plug-ins, cookie numbers.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Information, or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways. It helps us improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized services, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests
- speed up your searches
- and recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technology we use for this automatic data collection includes:
- Click Tracking. Click tracking is an analytical feature that measures and reports where Users click or tap on our Website. Every time you click on our Website, we record the event and log your user session for future analysis. We use this information only to improve our services. Click tracking only collects the IP address assigned to you on the date when you visit our Website, rather than your name or other identifying information.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To allow you to participate in our loyalty program.
- To respond to your questions or comments.
- To administer a contest entry.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our Website users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Snow Peak's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Snow Peak about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Snow Peak, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use And Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Snow Peak. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used us to promote our own, you can opt-out by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile, by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling our Customer Service at (888) 424-4916. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may click unsubscribe in the email or send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Shopify Audiences. You have the choice to opt-out of sharing your personal information with Shopify Audiences, which includes information regarding the use of our Website, your purchases, and the email address associated with your purchase, by email us your request to opt-out at email@example.com, or by calling our Customer Service at (888) 424-4916. You may also contact us to get a list of where and who your information is being shared with.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing And Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Customer Service at (888) 424-4916 to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. Please note that any rewards you may have accrued under your user account will be forfeited in accordance with our Loyalty Program Terms and Conditions at https://www.snowpeak.com/pages/loyalty-program-terms-conditions. Further, we will not be able to provide customer service regarding previous transactions under the account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Residents of certain states, such as California, Nevada, Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah may have additional Personal Information rights and choices. Please see Your State Privacy Rights for more information.
Your State Privacy Rights
State consumer privacy laws may provide their residents with additional rights regarding our use of their Personal Information. To learn more about California residents' privacy rights, visit our Privacy Notice for California Residents.
Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah each provide their state residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether we process their Personal Information.
- Access and delete certain Personal Information.
- Data portability.
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia also provide their state residents with rights to:
- Correct inaccuracies in their Personal Information, taking into account the information's nature processing purpose.
- Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
To exercise any of these rights, or to appeal a decision regarding a consumer rights request, please send us an email at email@example.com or call our Customer Service at (888) 424-4916.
Nevada provides its residents with a limited right to opt-out of certain Personal Information sales. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute's opt-out requirements.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users' Personal Information, we will notify you by email to the primary email address specified in your account and/or through a notice on the Website home page. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this Policy to check for any changes.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Customer Service at (888) 424-4916.