Mix up your grilling routine with two new recipes for our Smokemeister.
Make the Miso-Butter Smoked Carrots and Smoked Salmon, then enjoy in the backyard or on the patio. Before you begin preparing your ingredients, follow the instructions below to get your Smokemeister smoking.
1. Soak wood chips in water for 30 min, up to an hour. Drain and wrap in foil to make a packet. Use a knife or fork to poke holes in the top.
2. Light charcoal briquettes using a chimney or GigaPower torch.
3. Using tongs, fill the bottom plate of the Smokemeister with charcoal and place foil packet on top of coals.
4. Let Smokemeister heat up and start smoking, 15-20 min.
5. Add coals every 20 min or as needed to maintain heat
Smoked Salmon w/ Soy Sauce and Mirin Marinade
2-3 4” fillets of salmon
3 cloves of garlic, pressed or chopped finely
1 tsp of grated ginger
2 tbsp of soy sauce
1 tbsp of mirin
1. Mix garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and mirin together in a bowl.
2. Put salmon in a ziploc bag with marinade and seal tight. Refrigerate overnight or at a minimum of 3 hours.
3. Smoke on the upper racks of the Smokemeister for 40-45 min
Miso-Butter Smoked Carrots
⅓ Cup Miso paste
4 Tbsp Melted Butter
1 Tbsp Brown sugar
1 bunch of chives, sliced thinly
1 bunch of carrots cut in half lengthwise
1. Mix miso, melted butter, and brown sugar together until it turns to a paste consistency
2. Coat carrots liberally with miso-butter mixture
3. Smoke on the bottom two racks of the Smokemeister for 20-30 minutes