Chef Notes: Seasonal color and fresh ingredients are the foundation of Camp Yoshi's kitchen. This dish captures our philosophy while celebrating spring. These kabobs are bomb, but the Tahini sauce is the star. It's extremely versatile and plant-based, so feel free to substitute the chicken with any seafood or veggie your heart desires.
- .5 lbs organic chicken breast cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of chili flakes
- ¼ cup green tahini sauce
- 8 inch bamboo skewers
Green Tahini Sauce
- ¾ cup of coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- ¾ cup of coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- ½ green chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons of salt
- 1 cup of tahini
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup of fresh lime juice
- 2-3 tablespoons of warm water to thin sauce if needed
Add cilantro, parsley, garlic, pepper, and cumin to a blender and blend until smooth. Add tahini and lime juice; blend for 30 seconds. With the motor running, gradually drizzle in ¾ cup warm water and process, adding more water to thin if needed, until sauce is light green and the consistency of sour cream. Season with salt. The sauce will last for 3 days in the fridge. Toss chicken with cumin, paprika, red pepper flakes, and a quarter cup of green tahini sauce. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight. Prepare grill for medium-high heat and oil the grate. Thread the chicken onto bamboo skewers. Grill, occasionally turning, until cooked through, about 8–12 minutes. During the last minute of cooking, baste the chicken with the extra sauce using a brush. Serve with green tahini sauce.
Note: Chicken can be marinated and skewered 12 hours ahead.