This full-flavored recipe is perfect for gardeners with an excess of ripe tomatoes and peppers! Enjoy it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and pair it with the Crusty Cast Iron Bread for a filling and delicious meal. Don't miss the Fresh Herb Salad, part three of the Late Summer Menu!
- Two tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 Anaheim pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 2-3 lbs of fresh tomatoes, diced or one 28 oz can of whole tomatoes
- 4-6 large eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 small bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
In a pan, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add the chopped peppers and onion and cook for 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent. Then, add garlic and spices and cook for an additional minute before adding fresh, diced tomatoes and juice into the pan. Then, break down the tomatoes using a large spoon. Add salt and pepper and bring the sauce to a simmer.
Use a large spoon to make small pockets in the sauce and crack the eggs into each. Then, cover the pan and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until the eggs are done.
Garnish with chopped cilantro and parsley, then serve and enjoy!
This dish can be made on the Kojin while your bread rests, or alternatively, we recommend making this dish with the Home & Camp Burner and Home & Camp Cookset.
Recipe credit: https://www.delscookingtwist.com/shakshuka-with-feta-cheese/