Few things are as delicious as the first smokey, spicy bite into Jamaican Jerk Chicken. In this Smokemeister rendition, we kept it simple and allow the juicy and tender flavor to shine through without any fussy preparation you'd find in other recipes.
- Using paper towels, pat the drumsticks dry and apply a light coating of olive oil and salt.
- Place chicken in an airtight container and pour in the marinade. Seal the bag, pressing out as much air as possible and refrigerate overnight, or up to 24 hours.
- Place 1/4 cup wood chips in bowl of water. Soak for one hour.
- Remove the chicken from refrigerator. Allow the chicken to come to room temperature while prepping Smokemeister.
- Drain water from wood chips and wrap the chips in foil to create small packet. Poke several holes in the top of the packet.
- Light one chimney 1/4 full of charcoal. When the coals are ready, remove the inner frame of Smokemeister and fill charcoal plate with briquettes. Add the wood chip packet to the top of the coals and return the inner frame to the inner cylinder. Allow the Smokemeister to heat up for 5-10 min. Alternatively, you can prepare coals using the Folding Torch.
- Once it comes to temp, place the chicken on the grill nets and smoke for 45 min to one hour, or until cooked all the way through. Rotate the chicken every 20 min throughout cook time, adding briquettes as needed to maintain heat.
- Serve and enjoy!