A hearty start to the day, these Breakfast Burritos are a crowd-pleaser, whether you’re eating in camp or fueling for a day of at-home adventures. Always be generous with the cheese and finish with your favorite hot sauce. Pair with a strong cup of coffee from your Ti-Double 450, and you’ll be ready for whatever the day has in store.
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil or butter
- Three large eggs
- ½ cup of onion or scallions
- 1 clove of chopped garlic
- ½ cup of grated or crumbled cheese
- 100g of frozen hash browns, home-fries, or leftover potatoes
- 75g of leftover bacon, ham or sausage
- Large flour tortilla
- Sour-cream, salsa or hot sauce to taste
- 1. With a fork or whisk, beat three eggs together with a pinch of salt and pepper. Allow to rest while you prepare hash browns.
- 2. In a large non-stick skillet, griddle pan or cast iron over medium heat, coat with oil or butter and brown hash browns, 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper then flip and brown the other side until crispy.
- 3. When done, remove hash browns to flour tortilla.
- 4. Turn heat to low and add onion and garlic to the pan until they begin to aroma, approximately 60 seconds.
- 5. Add bacon, sausage or ham and heat to temperature, approximately 2 minutes.
- 6. Add eggs and cheddar and continue to cook for another 60 seconds, stirring to incorporate cheese and soft scramble the eggs until finished to your preference.
- 7. Layer fillings on top of hash browns and tortilla and return burrito to the pan and allow the heat of the skillet to soften the flour tortilla. 30-45 seconds.
- 8. Add desired toppings: sour cream, salsa, hot sauce and a little flake salt, then wrap burrito and enjoy!