Snow Peak is embarking on an exciting period of growth in the North American marketplace. If you have a love for the outdoors, a passion for great product design, a keen business mind and a track record of building mutually beneficial sales relationships with customers, this position just might be the perfect fit for you!
The Executive Assistant & Translator will be responsible for providing top-quality administrative support to the executive team, serving as liaison between Snow Peak Japan and Snow Peak USA, and providing translation from oral speech and written text in a variety of contexts.
What You'll Do:
- Act as an interpreter and translator (Japanese-English and vice versa) and facilitate effective communication by understanding the message, intent, and nuances
- Translate written materials by reproducing statements or questions in the desired output language and by developing and maintaining lists of terminology and information that may be used in translations
- Handle and prioritize outgoing or incoming correspondences for the CEO
- Complete projects instructed by the CEO
- Make travel arrangements for the executives
- Maintain executive agendas and assist in planning appointments
- Handle confidential documents ensuring they remain secure
- Performs other related duties as assigned
What You Need:
- A passion for the outdoors and the beneficial role it plays in people's lives
- A trustworthy nature and a deep-seated dedication to delivering on commitments
- Fluency in professional level English and Japanese required
- Excellent listening skills and auditory recall as needed to remember spoken words and accurately reproduce them in the desired language
- Ability to appropriately understand and respond to culturally sensitive situations, perspectives, and phrases
- Ability to work well under pressure and in intense situations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
Education and Experience
- 2 years of administrative or executive secretary experience
- 3 years interpretation/translation
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
- A creative, fun, and dynamic work environment in beautiful Portland, Oregon
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employee discounts on incredible Snow Peak gear
- Health, Dental, and Retirement Benefits
- Employee Transportation Allowance
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please send your resume and a cover letter in English and Japanese to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or age.